Teacher Tips: Classroom Management Strategies
Classroom management is the way in which an educator delivers the classroom curriculum, lessons and the environment they provide for their students. There are many strategies that are used to provide students of all ages with an effective learning experience. Classroom management strategies create consistency in the classroom, keep students on task, and set consequences to correct students’ wrong behaviors. The following guide presents educators with important management strategies to use in the classroom to make lessons more effective.
General Classroom Discipline and Management
- Sample Classroom Management Plan: Detailed example of a classroom management plan, including classroom rules and procedures, encouraging students, and providing positive reinforcement.
- Eight Secrets of Class Design: Article for educators on how to create a fun learning environment for successful learning.
- Identifying Types of Discipline: Learn about the three types of discipline – preventive, supportive, and corrective – with this self-evaluation guide.
- Classroom Management Plan: Tips on how to clarify and express expectations of students, develop a set of rules and consequences, and provide corrective discipline.
- Discipline in the Classroom: List of classroom discipline topics, including maintaining control and teaching while still having fun.
Elementary Discipline Strategies
- Classroom Discipline Cycle: List of strategies and interventions that are commonly used by educators in the classroom.
- Stages of Discipline: Learn about the four primary stages of discipline that are appropriate for students functioning at different levels.
- Prevention Strategies that Work: Guide to promoting positive student behavior and reducing problem behaviors.
- School Discipline: Article about the goals of school discipline and how educators can decrease disruptive behavior.
- Improving School Discipline: Publication on several effective ways to improve school discipline and their importance.
Discipline Strategies for Older Students
- Fair and Effective Discipline: Article that focuses on the best strategies for delivering fair discipline for all students.
- Developing Positive Classroom Management: Tips and proactive discipline methods for a positive classroom environment.
- Student Discipline and Achievement: Information on creating a productive classroom and a positive experience for both students and educators.
- Relational Discipline Strategies: Classroom discipline strategies designed for middle school, junior high, and high school students.
- Discipline Plan: List of common principles of discipline used by educators when attempting to change or stop wrong student behavior.
Tips to Keep Elementary Students Interested
- Motivation in the Classroom: Information on efficient ways to motivate and engage young students in learning.
- Teaching Concepts – Motivation: Learn behavioral views, cognitive views, and humanistic views on the motivation of students.
- Keep Young Students Interested: Article on ways to keep young students interested in the classroom.
- Motivating Students: Important tools for teaching students who are less than enthusiastic about learning.
- Keeping Students Interested in the Classroom: Signs that students are disinterested in the classroom and effective ways engage them in learning.
Tips to Keep High School Students Interested
- Keeping Teens Interested: Article on keeping teens interested in the classroom by using various materials, such as class surveys.
- Getting Students Interested: Printable guide on effective ways to engage students in learning.
- Student Motivation: Information about the internal and external factors that can affect student behavior in the classroom.
- Ways to Engage Students: Simple ways to engage students in learning using visual aids and other resources.
- Keeping Students Attentive During Lectures: Tips for educators on how to keep students’ interest during lectures.
Large Classroom Management Strategies
- Teaching Large Lecture Courses: Suggestions for giving lectures to students in a large classroom.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Large Classes: Compilation of fact sheets about classroom management in large classes.
- Large Classes – A Teaching Guide: Complete guide to approaching teaching and personalizing students while in a large classroom.
- Interactive Lectures: Tips on how to properly engage students and cover the material in a large lecture class.
- Classroom Management in Large Classes: List of great topics that cover common problems found in large classrooms, such as class chatter and cheating.
- Games for the Science Classroom: List of classroom games to get students involved in learning while still having fun.
- Academic Review Games: Here you will find several educational games that can be used when reviewing for a test.
- Classroom Games & Activities: Compilation of fun and educational games and activities for elementary students.
- Mathematics Classroom Games: List of practice and review math games, such as those that focus on fractions, linear equations, and rational numbers.
- Games for the Classroom: Modified popular games to get the entire class involved in learning.
How to Deal with Angry Parents
- Dealing Successfully with Your Students’ Parents: Article on how to gain a successful parent-teacher relationship.
- How to Deal with Angry Parents: Advice on how to confront angry parents by listening, calming techniques, and finding solutions to problems.
- Dealing with Difficult Parents: Learn the fourteen steps to coping with difficult parents, staff members, and principals.
- How Can You Deal with Angry Parents?: Article on how to deal with angry parents before and during the confrontation.
- Guide to Conflict Resolution: Anger management guide for educators on how to deal with oppositional parents.