Online Education Administration Degree Programs Resource
An education administration degree focuses on the administration and management of educational systems. Education administrators work in many areas, such as admissions and data management, or in other departments like careers, finance and human resources. The goal of an education administrator is to organize and manage administration and facilitate the smooth work of the educational institution. Their job includes day-to-day work in schools, colleges and universities, both private and public. An education administrator is usually an individual who has formerly worked as a teacher, but in most cases has pursued a master’s degree in the field of education administration and has gained a license. A person holding this job should also be very organized, detail-oriented, innovative and enthusiastic. An education administrator should also have communication and interpersonal skills in order to be in close contact with staff, students and parents.
How to Become an Education Administrator
There are both undergraduate and graduate programs for pursuing this career. Courses that are usually offered include school leadership, school finance, school law, developing curricula, research designing, politics in education and many others which focus on communication and counseling. As stated in the U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook, another requisite for becoming an education administrator in the United States is the license or legal certification which varies by state. All states require the applicant to have a master’s degree and some even examine him or her with an additional test. There are some states which require the candidate to have a Ph.D. in the field.
Education Administration Degrees & Certification
A teacher who has acquired a MA in Education Administration, or a student who has gained an Education Administration degree and a masters’ degree in the field are both eligible for the job. However, previous experience and past work as a teacher is very important. A career the teacher can further pursue is that of a principal, assistant principal, director, superintendent or academic dean.
Education Administration Degrees and Programs
- Career College Administration Graduate Certificate
- Education, Joint MS - MBA (Online)
- Educational Leadership, EdS (Online)
- Education, MS - Allied Health Teaching and Learning
- And more...
- M.A. in Education/Administration and Supervision
- Doctor of Education/Educational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Education/Curriculum and Instruction
- MA in Education - Administration and Supervision
- Educational Specialist - Educational Leadership
- M.Ed. Teaching & Learning: History
- AA in Education (Non-Licensure)
- And more...
- International Education - Doctor of Philosophy in Education
- Educational Leadership - Doctor of Education
- Organizational Leadership - EdS
- Accelerated Educational Leadership-MEd
- And more...
- Superintendent Letter of Eligibility (SLE)
- Administrative Program for Principals (Certification Only)
- Master of Education in School Administration- Administrative Program for Principals