Teacher Tips: Classroom Management Strategies
Classroom management is the way in which an educator delivers the classroom curriculum, lessons and the environment they provide for their students. There are many strategies that are used to provide students of all ages with an effective learning experience. Classroom management strategies create consistency in the classroom, keep students on task, and set consequences to correct students’ wrong behaviors. The following guide presents educators with important management strategies to use in the classroom to make lessons more effective.
General Classroom Discipline and Management
- Sample Classroom Management Plan: Detailed example of a classroom management plan, including classroom rules and procedures, encouraging students, and providing positive reinforcement.
- Discipline in the Classroom: List of classroom discipline topics, including maintaining control and teaching while still having fun.
- Classroom Discipline Cycle: List of strategies and interventions that are commonly used by educators in the classroom.
- Improving School Discipline: Overview of several effective ways to improve school discipline.
Discipline Strategies for Older Students
- Fair and Effective Discipline: Article that focuses on the best strategies for delivering fair discipline for all students.
- Developing Positive Classroom Management: Tips and proactive discipline methods for a positive classroom environment.
- Discipline Plan: List of common principles of discipline used by educators when attempting to change or stop wrong student behavior.
Tips to Keep Students Interested
- Teaching Concepts – Motivation: Learn behavioral views, cognitive views, and humanistic views on the motivation of students.
- Keep Young Students Engaged: Article on ways to keep young students interested in the classroom.
- Motivating Students: Important tools for teaching students who are less than enthusiastic about learning.
- Keeping Students Interested in the Classroom: Signs that students are disinterested in the classroom and effective ways engage them in learning.
- Getting Students Interested: Printable guide on effective ways to engage students in learning.
Large Classroom Management Strategies
- Teaching Large Lecture Courses: Suggestions for giving lectures to students in a large classroom.
- Large Classes – A Teaching Guide: Complete guide to approaching teaching and personalizing students while in a large classroom.
- Interactive Lectures: Tips on how to properly engage students and cover the material in a large lecture class.
- Classroom Management: List of great topics that cover common problems found in large classrooms, such as class chatter and cheating.
- Games for the Science Classroom: List of classroom games to get students involved in learning while still having fun.
- Academic Review Games: Here you will find several educational games that can be used when reviewing for a test.
- Classroom Games & Activities: Compilation of fun and educational games and activities for elementary ESL students.
- Cool Math Games: List of practice and review math games, such as those that focus on fractions, linear equations, and rational numbers.
How to Deal with Angry Parents
- Dealing Successfully with Your Students’ Parents: Article on how to gain a successful parent-teacher relationship.
- How to Deal with Angry Parents: Advice on how to confront angry parents by listening, calming techniques, and finding solutions to problems.
- 10 Tips for Meeting with Challenging Parents?: Article on how to deal with challenging parents before and during the meeting.
- How to Calm an Angry Parent: Guide for educators on how to deal with oppositional parents.