Teacher Resources: Educational Games and Puzzles
Incorporating educational games and puzzles into today’s school curriculum is a great way to build a foundation of language and math skills. This collection of teacher resources for kids is fun, free, and teaches children the fundamentals of learning for elementary and middle school students. Educational games and puzzles can build skills in language arts, math, social studies, science, and more. Use the following resources to find educational tools for your lesson plans and make learning fun.
- Kids Page Brain Teasers: Collection of printable brain teasers and riddles, as well as a video that takes a tour of the brain to see how it functions.
- Syvum Brain Teasers and Math Puzzles: This web page features brain teasers and math puzzles at three levels of difficulty.
- Interactive Brain Teasers: Students can practice their brain skills with logic, strategy, memory, and word brain teasers.
- The Word Search: Find a variety of word searches that focus on animals, movies, holidays, math, skills, and more.
- Brain Bashers: Find a wide range of Japanese-type logic puzzles that are updated daily.
- Printable Jigsaw Puzzles: Collection of themed printable jigsaw puzzles for holidays, seasons, and more.
- Neuroscience for Kids: Printable worksheets focusing on neuroscience, including word search puzzles, crossword puzzles, and related lessons.
- Math and Logic Puzzles: This web page provides a variety of math and logic puzzles, such as measuring and symmetry puzzles.
- Math Riddles: Large selection of math riddles from easy to very challenging on various math subtopics, such as geometry and probability.
- Pocoyo Short Riddles: List of fun riddles for elementary and middle school students to help get them thinking.
- Food Group Riddles: These riddles can be incorporated into lesson plans pertaining to fruits, vegetables, and nutrition.
- Exploring the Science of Light: The Optical Society of America provides a variety of illusions for kids to explore.
- Visual Phenomena & Optical Illusions: Find optical illusions on various subjects, such as motion and time, color, geometrics, and cognitive effects.
- Fun Illusions Page: This web page has several still optical illusions pictures that appear to be rotating or moving.
- Exploratorium Optical Illusions: Online optical illusion gallery with popular optical illusions for students to explore.
Other Educational Fun
- Games and Puzzles: This educational page has science games, element games, math games, and other fun games and puzzles for students.
- Educational Videos, Lessons & Games: K-12 teachers can use these science, math, social studies, and English videos, activities, and games in their daily curriculum.
- Popular Printable Games and Puzzles: Here you will find traditional middle school games, such as states crossword puzzles and a human body word search.